Pages

Monday, November 8, 2021

 On the 20th of May 2021 we went to Margret Mahey and we had a great opportunity to look around it and go to Victoria square. First I went to Victoria Square. We walked from Margret Mahey to Victoria Square and we saw the river and this really cool thing that sprayed out water. We had to place our bags in a place close to a poe so big it was like ten times bigger than me. Mrs Brown let us explore the circle. I went to a stone that said something about the willow trees and there was one right next to it. I read that thing and went to another two poes shaped like a waka. We all went to look at them and there were some creepy faces. When Mrs Brown told us to come back we had to draw some pictures of what the massive poe looked like. When we were done we got to eat. When we were done we had to look at 2 statues one was Captain Cook and the other one was QueenVictoria. After that we went to the next rotation,


My favourite part of the trip was: the eels because I was allowed to feed them and how they suck the food in.


Something I learnt was: How to paddle on the waka. They told us what we had to do. The instructions were paddle up paddle down 45 degrees up and ready and paddle and chant hi ha hi ha.


The thing I found the most interesting was: That all the patterns on the ground mean different things and that some of them are stories or songs in Maori.


This trip has helped me with my PBL because: I learnt more and that the playground was named by Margret Mahy and that now I can tell my parents all about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post